Training schedule for the 2021-22 Pre-xmas season is below. All training is conducted at South Brisbane District Cricket Club, Fehlberg Park, Venner Road, Fairfield unless another arrangement is approved by the Committee.
NOTE: For Insurance reasons, players cannot begin training if they are not registered.
Players must be neatly attired in covered shoes, hat and appropriate clothes (e.g. cricket whites, school uniform, or training shirt and shorts) and bring a water bottle when attending training. Singlets, thongs and inappropriate T-shirts are not allowed.
All players, coaches and parents must observe the protocols for the use of the training nets.
Cancellation of training due to rain
Notification will be posted in the news section of this website and Facebook in the event that training is cancelled due to rain.
Please note that the cancellation notice may not be posted until half an hour before the scheduled start of training.
Training schedule for Pre-xmas season 2021-22 (Term 4)
Please note: Ages are based on the age as of 1 September 2021.
Cricket Blast - Junior Blasters
5 February 2021
5:00 – 6:00 pm
Cricket Blast - Master Blasters
4:30 – 6:00 pm
Boys Stage 1 (under 8 to 10)
24 August 2021
Boys Stage 2 (under 11 to 12)
Boys Stage 3 Shield (under 13 to 14)
25 August 2021
Boys Stage 3 Plate (under 15 to 18)
26 August 2021
23 August 2021
5:00 - 7:00 pm
Girls Stage 1 & 2
Use of practice nets
The club net facility at Fehlberg Park is a shared resource and available to Souths Junior Cricket Coaching staff of Stage 2 and Stage 3 and their players on training days from 5 pm to 6 pm. On these days, other users of these facilities will vacate the nets by 5 pm. This gives coaches 30 minutes to warm up players and run through some alternative drills prior to using the net facility. Being a shared and limited resource, coaches are asked to roster their intended usage of these facilities with other coaching staff on the training day.
Protocols for safe use of these facilities are as follows:
1. All players, coaches and parents entering and leaving the net area will do so only by the gate at the Eastern (away from clubhouse) end of the facility.
2. All people entering the net facility must be suitably attired – no singlets, thongs or inappropriate footwear.
3. The five nets at the Eastern end, away from the bowling machine are to be used by Junior players.
4. All players are to wear helmets, genital protectors and pads when batting.
5. Players conduct will be monitored and any misbehaving players will be ejected.
6. All players and coaches are to be mindful of the obvious dangers associated with being within the net facility, particularly when senior players are practising, and we ask that, for safety reasons, any conversations that need to be conducted are conducted outside the confines of the net facility.
Your adherence with these rules is appreciated.